The SSI Dive guide program is an introduction into the world of dive professionals. As a Diveguide you will be qualified to lead certified divers on a variety of scuba diving adventures. You will be in charge of safety management, be able to help other divers with minor gear problems and be able to lead dive excursions safely whether it be from shore or in the water.The goal is to create well-prepared, versatile and marketable Dive Professionals. These can be completed as a shore dive or boat dive depending on the student requirements and weather conditions. Charter fees are not included.
- Active duty status, veteran or Gold Star family member.
- Only available for master divers or higher. (deep, night, nav, equipment, nitrox, first aid, stress & rescue + 50 dives)
- Clear medical history or MD sign-off with the past year.
- Four class sessions.
- Two sessions in the pool.
- 1 day of presenting and guiding dives in shallow water
- 1 day of presenting and guiding dives during nighttime
- 1 day of presenting and guiding deep dives
- 1 day of rescue diving practice
- Internationally trained / certified instructor
- Agency approved on-line course work
- This course consists of classroom, pool and open water sessions. Nine days out of the month, so please check the detailed schedule on the Facebook page to make sure you can commit.